Friday, March 11, 2011

Lincoln Mkz Comerical Song?

I Yes I did the Mili ... Small Things

I have already said in another article ( Seat 600, 23-F ) some details of the military I lived años.Pero thirty days as this marks the tenth anniversary of his disappearance legal, it's time for a fuller account (Tararííííí, the Mili !!!).


of recruits in the CIR n º 9, San Clemente
Sasebo (Gerona)
(Photo Studio Cañavate)
When I had to go to Military service (as always popularly known as the Mill ) I was studying Industrial Engineering in the School Industrial Engineering of Barcelona. Naturally, I asked for some extra time (a delayed enlistment, arguing that not suit me to interrupt the race.) Anyway the result was to remove the various drawings, to try to exploit the best chance.

drawings consisted of the distribution for the fate of all replacement fifths (the young men who were joining the army this year), for all the military regions of Spain. As a result of the draw only knew the camp he had to go to serve the first months of the military. But the subsequent destination for most of the service only knew after the Pledge of Allegiance, which represented the end of the short period in the camp. Only one thing was certain: that the final destination would be in the same Region Military Camp. If you played Cádiz (Camposoto), the destination could be Ceuta, for instance, was one of the coconuts . So he had to, for example, my brother some years earlier.

In June 1979 I passed the last course, and began to make the Final Year Project in the Department of Computer Methods in the same school. My idea was to finish, present, and join rows with the replacement of 1980. But the draw of 1979 (for which he had a valid extension) I had Gerona (CIR n º 9 in San Clemente or San Climent Sescebes Sasebo), which meant you could make all the military in the same region where I lived . I decided to give up the extension, leaving the project half done (with the idea to finish it and submit it to the back) and join the ranks in October 1979.

Previously, he had renounced the University militias, which were a better way to reconcile the military with the studies, as was done in several tranches. Given the opportunity to practice as an officer (lieutenant) or NCO (sergeant), once the initial learning phase and the IP Academy. But to enter had to do a physical test that always terrified me (my physical and sports skills were never meant to shoot rockets) so I decided to go to the normal military call.

I therefore rose, the CIR n º 9 (Camp of Instruction of Recruits) of Gerona, in the Eighth Company (it sounds remotely soniquete song of the same, Because the Eighth queen always joy ...). They spent two months of instruction without Too much pain nor glory. With gymnastics, military training, target practice, ... At the end came the swearing of allegiance (with the assistance of all families) and then setting the target.
The Eighth (Company) CIR n º 9, possibly in November 1979
. I'm halfway up, right,
his face in shadow
(Photo Studio Cañavate)

I went back to get lucky. I could have played go to mountain troops, or artillery to back, which would result sure, evidence rather more serious than I had to face in the Antiaircraft Artillery Regiment No. 72. Its principal cantonment was in the same Barcelona (Torras i Bages, a large headquarters that no longer exists) and had other smaller detachments, even one, I think, by Zaragoza.

The first night we all in the headquarters of Torras i Bages, where we had to suffer the bullying of the veterans swear the Bomb, and the like. I'd rather not go into details here, but note that were the only hazing (those of the night) that I suffered throughout the military. I had to go a small headquarters of the Regiment in Gava (about twenty or twenty miles from Barcelona, \u200b\u200bclose to Castelldefels and sea), called Can Torelló (which does not exist already). There were three batteries (equivalent to the Company, but Artillery), the First, Second and General Staff, and commanded the garrison was a lieutenant colonel. The Second Battery was mine for the rest of the military.

The headquarters, which was part of the call DOT (Defense Operational Planning) was small and as far away as you can imagine the heat of war . In fact, during my stay landed some officers and sergeants who were seeking some excitement, and soon had to call the move to riskier destinations. On the other hand there was a brigade, a lieutenant, and even a lieutenant, who was at the headquarters aconejados away from danger, to wait for retirement without many concerns.

Overall, I do not think there is more than 300 soldiers in the barracks. But there were seven guard posts during the day, and another 3 additional night. As the guard called for three shifts, each day came (including Guard and reinforcement) to 30 soldiers. So, in practice, almost all they did in the barracks was sucking checkpoint.

Since I had studies, got a destination in the office of the Chief of Ordnance, which lowered me of all services during the day. Therefore, the soldier, not a single guard caught her 24 hours, but, yes, a myriad of reinforcement (ie, guards only at night). The work to be done in that office was very close to nothing. Once a month I had to copy the inventory of weapons the previous month (in the days before computers, this meant the report typing, copying sent the previous month.) From time to time, had to arrange a weapons license, and little else. So, technically speaking, it was an almost perfect shirking. The intended there we did it with a transistor and a giant battery that lasted throughout the military, so the stay in the office was rather quiet and peaceful.

As suck checkpoint was never my cup of tea (and even less in some very cold nights, which above all the costumes were consistently above us two blankets, poncho, ie blankets a hole to get through his head and we were still shivering) took the opportunity to take the course in Cabo and then at Cape First, graduation with which I graduated a little over a year after I joined the ranks.

As I lived in Barcelona and had my family there, I was given a pass overnight, which allowed me to go home to sleep if I had no service. In practice, it meant that three or four days a week I could go home in the afternoon, and return to headquarters the next morning.

then I drove a Seat 600 yellow, with whom we had learned to drive the three brothers, but that it was for my exclusive use, for both my sister and my brother and another vehicle available for use. For the overnight, gave me invaluable service. I remember many days, came with me on the 600 some friends in my same situation. I particularly remember Antonio, a fellow Reixach Montcada and the relationship never been established if not for our common destination for those months.

There were two twin brothers who lived in the village of Gava (a few kilometers from the headquarters) and had been voluntary, so it was a few years younger than me. One afternoon we were at home, and there I learned the rudiments of piano I know (almost nothing) that allow me to play the first notes of Blow and little else.

The days, weeks and months passed with virtually no Torelló Can jolt. While serving in the office, I even stretched forth maneuvers go to San Gregorio (Zaragoza).

The saddest thing that I've experienced was the death of a fellow victim of a gun accident. Her parents lived in the Borough of Osma (Soria), and came to Barcelona to take over the body of his son. Seoane Captain (who was my battery, an enlightened and noble man) asked me the favor he made a chauffeur accompanying parents during their stay. But there was no car to do it, so I borrowed the car to my father (then a Supermirafiori Seat 131), because it was something to bring them up and down at 600. I remember I took them to a private area of \u200b\u200bEl Prat Airport, where a military transport returned the body home.

At night, along with nursing Can Torelló somewhat apart from other buildings, were concentrated joint lovers to take a caladitas, led by a kid who spent Biscay sole military boot reduced, ie free of wear boots (always walking in shoes) and thus freed from any service. I never liked the theme (I am a smoker of snuff, of course), but what there was was a drunk, of course.

The worst was when I played Reinforcement Sunday. Because you had to spend the day in the barracks, but with nothing to do till evening, when I played suck checkpoint. Those endless hours are grappling, too usually playing games on the pinball machine of (the pouches) that was in the canteen. We played a Voll Damm more points than we did the opposite. With so many hours with nothing to do, Sunday night came to the Emergency with my good seven or eight Voll Damm in the body (of an afternoon of inactivity). I remember sitting, and everything started to turn, until the stomach warned that it was well . I went to the bathroom, threw the whole world's drinking, and nickel and as I was new to deal with the POE night.

I remember
when my class were the oldest of the barracks (the grandparents ) joined the new recruits last we would see (the packages ). There was a certain tradition in which grandparents submit new hazing some more or less annoying. But we decided that our packages are not going to whore. Instead, handle tons of Ripple in the bar, inviting. The result was that they were the grandparents who are we subjected to hazing, but our children , ie below replacement, meanwhile, finish off grandparents embraced and ended Ripple around the yard singing Asturias, Patria Querida .


was a brigade (drunk, him) who had a section of Aeromodelling. The airplanes were used in the maneuvers as targets for anti-aircraft guns shooting (about Bofors of the Korean War, which is managed entirely by hand.) I believe that none of the airplanes never fell under fire of the guns, but all succumbed to the hard landing caused by the inexperience of the soldiers or the turbid condition of the brigade. And there was a lieutenant diabetic who ate breakfast every morning is one (or more) doses of Geneva virtually fasting, watching the instruction of soldiers. And a sergeant first (and veteran, the man) who always said Men are divided into two categories: those where women are raffled and kill us straws. And also a first out re-enlisted, the Beards, who had a nickname more warrior who can not remember, but it was bad people type.

And Commander was stationed there Reinlein, punished for its proximity to the UMD (Democratic Military Union), a clandestine military organization and prohibited. I think his brother was one of the leaders UMD.

Finally, a bit Hive Cela, to scale.

The last time when he is out first, I played some Guard Petty Officer services (similar, in order, to Sarge, by shortages of staff). And also a Petty Officer Week, which was to make both parents and teacher of all the soldiers of the battery for a whole week. The second that I had coincided with a visit to the headquarters of a general. This created such a rumpus that had to take off my boots and socks (when he could) as one who takes the role of muffins, surgery. We had to paint all the barracks, bunks change by more presentable, clean the guns over and over again. In the end, the general came and went unnoticed.
In the dining room of the headquarters of Can Torelló (Gava)
I am the fourth from left
(author forgotten)

Of
Guard Petty Officer services remember three stories. The first, absolutely sickening feeling of power that was walking for twenty-four hours straight with a pistol the belt, hitting each step against the thigh. The second was a hellish night in which the duty officer was a sergeant of militia, and Opus. He spent the night trying to proselytize me, but I've never been tempted that string. The third and I told in another article, when a soldier accidentally fired a pistol into the room the officer on duty, while I was writing down the data in the Register. And that, just before graduating. Fortunately, that day was Captain Lieutenant Headquarters Geneva, and we tiptoed down the incident, throwing dirt over quietly. The next day gave clothing and military gear, and I went home in the 600, never to return.

The question these days is what gave us the military, and if it was useful for something at least for some. For me it was a bad time, but neither was good. A break from normal life. Being able to live some situations that were new to me, the opportunity to meet people I never would have crossed in everyday life, and some anecdotes, most of which I have told you. I had a friend a few years after graduating, but then disappeared into the fog of life different and divergent paths.

time I went to the military, I had traveled a bit (Paris, London, Scotland ,...). But for other kids, from rural or remote areas, the military was the first (sometimes even the only) opportunity to leave the house and meet other horizons, other landscapes, other people.

But for me the greatest contribution that the military did was to help everyone be able to take the drama itself. Become a number at the end of the line, there was no other choice but to take his nonsense over to avoid the madness. And also taught to obey the hierarchy, for the simple fact of being. The military was a place where they sent the gallon and over the chevrons, stars with six points, and over the eight. That the orders were reasonable or not was something not arise.


I think the military helped some to be integrated later in civilian life marked by criteria similar to those prevailing in the barracks. And above all, helped to understand that we are but a small cog in the machinery replaceable enormous. Carpe Diem .


and develops a friendship more and more intense (but less durable) than the college or university. Given that military service was an exceptional period in the life any teenager, who interrupted their usual activities, to again finish each thing, and it was difficult to maintain the relationship. But while the military was terribly egalitarian (democratic, some say), because there were all (except those exempted for medical reasons or over quota). And that gave you the opportunity to deal with people with whom you had never crossed into civilian life.


actually the military was the Big Brother of the time . No cameras, single-sex confession, but there also all intensified by the contact 24 hours daily.

And now, thirty years later, I have written this article, remembering what was and what I experienced during these days Mili is ten years after his death.

JMBA

0 comments:

Post a Comment